A seasoned senior corporate executive with 20 years’ experience in Mergers and Acquisitions, Negotiation, Risk Management, Board practices, Regulatory Compliance and Corporate Governance, Aruna is a practising Attorney-at-Law. She holds a BA (Honours) degree in Jurisprudence from Balliol College, Oxford University. She is admitted to practise as a Solicitor of England and Wales and served her articleship for two years with Sinclair Roche & Temperley, a Solicitors’ firm based in the City of London.
Upon her return to Mauritius, Aruna qualified as an Attorney-at-Law and practised for three years before joining the Rogers Group in 2001 as the Group Company Secretary. She was appointed Chief Legal Executive in 2007 and Executive Director of Rogers and Company Limited in 2012. She acts as director of a number of companies and is currently Vice Chairman of the Central Depository & Settlement Co. Ltd. For two consecutive years, she was part of the Jury Panel of the PwC Corporate Reporting Award.
Aruna joined the NCCG as a ‘Member’ in 2015. She was then appointed Chairman in 2017. Her Chairmanship was renewed in 2020. She has so far contributed to the following publications:
1. ICGN Global Corporate Governance Principles: Revised, 2009.
1. Best Practice Guidelines for the Appointment of Directors, September 2012;
2. An Ethics Guide for Boards, December 2013;
3. Engaging with Shareholders – A Guide for Boards, September 2014;
4. Board Evaluation, November 2019; and
5. COVID-19 Key considerations for Directors, September 2020.